Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Final Countdown!

It is so hard to believe that our school year is coming to a close! What a great year we've had together. I feel like it was just yesterday that 16 brand new 4th graders were unpacking their backpacks for the first day of school! Wow! Time does fly when you're having fun. Each one of them brought their own piece of "awesomeness" to my classroom and heart.

We have many fun activities planned for the last two weeks of school. I will be hosting a Scrabble tournament next week! Bring in those extra Scrabble boards! We will be putting our acting and fluency skills to good use while performing the reader's theater script of A Bad Case of the Stripes. The last two weeks will allow us math time to review fraction and decimal concepts, as well.

I'm sure all the kids are looking forward to the Summer Birthday Bash on May 18th. 4 Jungle Crew members, along with myself, will be pre-celebrating our birthdays with some sweet treats and outdoor fun time. Fun Day is rapidly approaching, and even though I'm confident that my team will outshine the rest in the form of team spirit, I am looking forward to a day full of fun for all involved! The Jungle Store experience will take place on the morning of May 20 with the afternoon being devoted to AR rewards for my top readers!

Summer is approaching quickly! I want to thank all of the amazing parents of the Jungle Crew! Without you, the projects, activities, parties would not have been possible. I truly value the love and support my students receive at home.

Blessings for a safe and FUN-FILLED Summer,
Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment